We are looking for a formulation chemist/pharmacist/bioengineer with a passion in skincare and skin science. This role will take part of our core founding team of Skinome Research AB. A skin health start-up company based in the city centre of Stockholm.
Responsibilities of the Formulation Chemist will be to:
– Develop skin care formula prototypes
– Conduct all required chemical and physical analysis as well as performance tests and report result accurately
– Identify and obtain new raw materials on an ongoing basis, along with appropriate safety/technical documentation, specifications, samples, etc. for new formulations
– Be responsible for supplier relations and contacts
– Manage technology scouting
– Keep accurate records of batches and stability results
– Project lead all outsourced activities – challenge testing etc
– Assist in claim support and prototype fact generation
– Be responsible for Cosmetic laboratory equipment, including SOPs
– Project lead open innovation partnerships (academic&industry) within formulation technology and science
As a Formulation Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
– Must be qualified to MSc/BSc degree level or equivalent in Chemistry, pharmacy, bioengineering or equivalent.
– 1-2+ year experience gained within formulating, preferably cosmetics but not a must
– Knowledge of specifications, cosmetic regulations and technical writing
– Has good attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach
– Has initiative to take ownership of own projects
– Ability to work on multiple projects and issues simultaneously to meet deadlines
– Has excellent oral and and written communication skills in Swedish and English
– Good team player
We have an exciting journey ahead and we hope to find someone that fits our Skinome team!
About Skinome Research AB
Skinome Research AB is dynamic, skin and microbiome tech company and research foundation based in the city centre of Stockholm, Sweden. For more information please visit www.skinomeproject.com