This role will take part of our core founding team of Skinome Research AB. A skinhealth company based in the city centre of Stockholm. For our R&D department, we are currently looking for someone to take the role of Head of Formulation and Operations. Based in Stockholm, in an innovative and dynamic environment, you will report to the Chief Scientific Officer.
Lead, design and oversee skincare formulation development projects and production/logistics processes in accordance with our strategy and any applicable regulatory requirements to develop and sustain our skincare and healthcare product portfolio.
The Head of Formulation and Process Development is expected to lead, design and oversee product development and scientific studies.
– Lead the development of skincare and suncare products
– Ensure a smooth implementation and transfer of front-end formulation development into production
– Project lead open innovation partnerships (academic&industry) within formulation technology and packaging technologies
– Build a team within formulation technology with the following team responsibilities:
– Manage required chemical and physical analysis as well as performance tests and report result accurately
– Keep accurate records of batches and stability results
– Identify and obtain new raw materials on an ongoing basis, along with appropriate safety/technical documentation, specifications, samples, etc.
– Design and lead specific formulation and manufacturing process development plan in cooperation external partner, in line with business priorities
– Collaborate with scientific staff to design, implement, and interpret the data from formulation development projects
– Solve complex problems through collaborations with others, taking a new perspective on existing solutions
– Generate strong relationships in the area with preferred partners beneficial to the organization, both internally and externally, to deliver innovative products, pre-clinical and clinical materials
– Identify, technically qualify and recommend external partner (e.g. CDMO, Academia) and set strategic partnership (e.g. raw material suppliers, packaging suppliers)
– Prepare and present data to internal project team meetings
– Plan efficiently activities and ensure strict monitoring of milestones and budget
– Author standard operating procedures and working instructions required by the activities
– Ensure close oversight of GMP activities that are conducted externally to ensure at each stage of development an appropriate level of quality requirements
– Identify and attend congresses and forum to ensure continuous expertise growth and visibility of Skinome
– Publish/present in high quality journals/conferences
Education and Experience requirements
– Master or PhD in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacist, MS in Chemical Engineering or closely related to the field
– At least 4+ years of relevant experience (preferably in the cosmetic industry)
– In depth experience of technology transfer of emulsions- lab scale to production
– Established track record of success topical developments
– Sound technical qualifications and deep knowledge in developing formulation strategy and manufacturing process engineering including primary packaging
– Demonstrated laboratory experience in the field and in developing innovative formulation solutions
– Solid understanding of characterization and performance of product, notably when screening formulations
– Excellent understanding of GMP and applicable guidelines
– Understanding in cosmetic regulation- Cosmetics Europe
– Excellent communication, negotiation and external follow-up
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English) and the ability to work in a team environment with cross-functional interactions
– Good team player and entrepreneurial – can do spirit
We have an exciting journey ahead and we hope to find someone that fits our Skinome team!
To apply for the role please e-mail your CV and personal letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as they come. If you would like to enquire about the role you can reach Johanna Gillbro directly at +46 (0)765422377
About Skinome Research AB
Skinome Research AB is dynamic, skin and microbiome tech company and research foundation based in the city centre of Stockholm, Sweden. For more information please visit www.skinomeproject.com