We are currently looking for a Senior Formulation Chemist with a passion for skincare and skin science. We are a skintech company based in the centre of Stockholm.
Skinome Research AB is an innovative and dynamic skintech company based in the centre of Stockholm. We are currently a passionate team consisting of 7 people with a great combination of expertise: Skin Science, R&D, Microbiome Research, Formulation Science, Marketing, Branding, Open Innovation and Ecommerce.
For our R&D division, we are currently looking to hire a Senior Formulation Chemist.
As Senior Formulation Chemist you are expected to lead and fully operate product development of topical skincare emulsions to fit strategic needs as well as overseeing a smooth technology transfer to our contract manufacturer.
– As Senior Formulation Chemist you are expected to lead, design and oversee product development of skincare and sun care products as well as to lead scientific studies together with our senior scientist. A key responsibility is to ensure a smooth implementation and transfer of front-end formulation development into new product lines including having a responsibility of the production processes. You will be responsible for our Cosmetic laboratory equipment, including SOPs.
– In collaboration with our junior formulation chemist, develop formulation prototypes (o/w emulsions, w/o emulsions and anhydrous formulations).
– Lead and build knowledge within the team in terms of formulation technology such as:
Manage required chemical and physical analysis as well as performance tests and report result accurately
Keep accurate records of batches and stability results
Identify and obtain new raw materials on an ongoing basis, along with appropriate safety/technical documentation, specifications, samples, etc
– Design and lead specific formulation and manufacturing process development plan in cooperation with external partners, in line with business priorities
– Collaborate with scientific staff to design, implement, and interpret the data from formulation development projects
– Manage technology scouting projects and identify and obtain new raw materials on an ongoing basis, along with appropriate safety/technical documentation, specifications, samples, etc. for new formulations
– Assist in claim support and prototype fact generation
– Generate strong relationships in the area with preferred partners beneficial to the organization, both internally and externally, to deliver innovative products, pre-clinical and clinical materials and be responsible for supplier relations and contacts
– Project lead open innovation partnerships (academic & industry) within formulation technology and science
As a Senior Formulation Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
Qualified to MSc/BSc degree level or equivalent in Chemistry, pharmacy, bioengineering or equivalent
3-5+ year experience gained within formulation science, preferably topical emulsions
Sound technical qualifications and deep knowledge in developing formulation strategy and manufacturing process engineering including primary packaging
Knowledge of technical writing
Understanding in cosmetic regulation – Cosmetics Europe
Established track record of successful topical developments
Good attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach
Great project management skills
Ability to work on multiple projects and issues simultaneously to meet deadlines
Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English) and the ability to work in a team environment with cross-functional interactions
Good team player and entrepreneurial – can do spirit
We have an exciting journey ahead and we hope to find someone that fits our Skinome team!
To apply for the role please e-mail your CV and personal letter to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they come in. If you would like to enquire about the role you can reach Johanna Gillbro directly at +46 (0)765422377
About Skinome Research AB Skinome Research AB is dynamic, skin and microbiome tech company and research foundation based in the city centre of Stockholm, Sweden. For more information please visit www.skinomeproject.com